When will SWGanh host a public Test Center again?

A forum for Star Wars Galaxies and Pre-CU, share your knowledge and experiences here.

When will SWGanh host a public Test Center again?

Postby Axler » January 24th, 2009, 11:09 am

A question i am sure most of us are curious about. When does SWGanh plan to open a public test center again?

I love the new site. I hope it helps keep us informed with what your working on and that we will be able to see the progress in the comming days...weeks...months...

-Axler
Axler
Retired SWG:ANH Staff

SWG Official Server: Valcyn

Re: When will SWGanh host a public Test Center again?

Postby Schmunzel » January 24th, 2009, 11:31 am

Hey Axler

Its nice to see how much interest we generate with our work :)

We are internally discussing whether we want to do a preview at some point in the future.
At this time however, we have not reached a decision concerning a possible date and a feature set we want to display in a possible preview.

This being said when we reach a decision and have something to share with the community we will make the announcement public on our beautiful new boards *beams*

sch
SWG:ANH Resident Wookiee :evil:
Schmunzel
SWG:ANH Staff

Postby Lloydyboy » January 24th, 2009, 1:28 pm

Jeez...We open a public forum, and on day 1 we get requests for a public TC :roll:

In all seriousness, we are constantly evaluating what is in the best interests of the project, and if we come to the conclusion that a public TC would benefit us more than the down sides (Dev time supporting it and resources), we will make it happen.

For now you will have to make do with the forums!

You can however, apply to be a tester on the private TC. http://swganh.com/anh_faq/anhqa/ At this point we only accept people with experience of PreCU and with the relatively small number of QA testers, you shouldn't expect it to be a party server...it really is for testing out all the new features to see if they work as was on live, and if anything else has broken with the introduction of the new stuff.
Euro-Chimaera Pre & Post-CU
Lloyd Pickering - Jedi (Post 9 Village)
Zoxara BE, 12pt Chef, 14pt Artisan, Manager of EMP Mall, Commerce City
Lloydyboy

SWG Official Server: Chimaera

Postby Lubbe » January 24th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Yeah we are really curious now. Haven't heard a word from ANH for very long now :p
Lubbe

Postby Axler » January 24th, 2009, 6:57 pm

Lloydyboy wrote:Jeez...We open a public forum, and on day 1 we get requests for a public TC :roll:

In all seriousness, we are constantly evaluating what is in the best interests of the project, and if we come to the conclusion that a public TC would benefit us more than the down sides (Dev time supporting it and resources), we will make it happen.

For now you will have to make do with the forums!

You can however, apply to be a tester on the private TC. http://swganh.com/anh_faq/anhqa/ At this point we only accept people with experience of PreCU and with the relatively small number of QA testers, you shouldn't expect it to be a party server...it really is for testing out all the new features to see if they work as was on live, and if anything else has broken with the introduction of the new stuff.

I did apply months ago. however i was declined. I have tons of pre-cu experience and would like to help test out new features and such. So if you could nudge my application forward again i would appreciate it.

here are screen shots of when i made jedi pre-cu and i took screen caps of ALL the Jedi Padawan Trials. every conversation, every answer... http://nfoguide.com/swg_jedi_guide/index.html since it looks like your team is working on this process (or has to work on it yet) if these can help you make sure you get the trial quests working top notch. feel free to use them.

I understand that a Public test center can be a drain on some resources. A good alternative for the community then would be for each new feature you add in,. you capture it with fraps and let us all see it ourselves as well. as they say a picture is worth a thousand words... so a video has to be worth... millions...

-axler
Axler

SWG Official Server: Valcyn

Postby TaSwavo » January 26th, 2009, 3:51 am

Lloydyboy wrote:Jeez...We open a public forum, and on day 1 we get requests for a public TC :roll:

I think the reason folks might be asking is that previews were promised about a year ago. And in the meantime communication (outside ANH) went quiet so people have had no-one to pester :lol:

This communication is a fantastic start though - congrats again.
tgcraft.com Resource Management and Crafting Tools
Persistent Worlds developer
Retired ANH QA tester
TaSwavo

Postby snow » January 26th, 2009, 10:13 am

TS is correct,

As much as we would have liked for the initial preview to happen, it was partly a question of resources, partly us not being confident that the preview would be something that the community would enjoy. That being said we do still aim to open it up in the future in some shape or form, but before that happens there are a few hurdles that need to be jumped over first...

We will keep you guys posted on when and how this will take place...

Thanks
--s
snow
SWG:ANH Staff

SWG Official Server: Kauri

Postby ready4you » February 14th, 2009, 2:28 am

Axler, this is great information. Might i inquire if you have any more screenshots or even videos of the village quests and other events?
ready4you

SWG Official Server: Corbantis

Return to SWG Discussion