New Content

A forum for Star Wars Galaxies and Pre-CU, share your knowledge and experiences here.

New Content

Postby MerakBashee » January 30th, 2009, 3:54 pm

First and foremost I'd like to introduce myself; Hi I'm Merak.

With that out of the way, I'll move to the real purpose of this topic: I understand that this is somewhat early to ask something like this, specially since the emulator isn't ready yet. However, upon full release of the emulator, and by full I mean both An Empire Divided plus Jump To Lightspeed, in other words the whole Pre-Cu package. Will people be able to add new (original) content to the game, such as new ships, races, worlds?

For example, as a space lover I'd enjoy seeing new vessels added to the game post to it's full release, such as the Baudo-class Star Yacht.

I imagine it'd be great for us to be able to add new things and expand the emulator even further. So I'm hoping the answer is "Yes, we can" ( :lol: ).

Anyway, awaiting answer.

-Merak
MerakBashee

Re: New Content

Postby snow » January 30th, 2009, 5:36 pm

hiya Merak and welcome to the ANH forums,

we haven't really done much research on the 3D side of things, from our past experience with the TRE files, it's entirely possible to add new things, however there is no current process for doing such a thing, that being said, I have noticed a thread that is related to what you're asking for on the swgemu forums, here is the direct link to the originating thread, hope this helps...

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18775

snow
snow
SWG:ANH Staff

SWG Official Server: Kauri

Postby MerakBashee » January 30th, 2009, 8:16 pm

Interesting, that SWGemu topic that is. While my main interest lies in ANH (No offense to SWGemu), their idea is an interesting one regardless. Anyway thanks for the answer, snow.

-Merak
MerakBashee

Postby snow » January 30th, 2009, 9:28 pm

Anyime, we will get to it, but it's not a priority at this time...
snow

Postby Eruptor » January 30th, 2009, 10:53 pm

If I may post my personal opinion, I would like to advance (one of) the original idea with SWG, the civil galactic war. Let it make a difference who "owns" the planet or the town. Let everyone, even the non combat toons, be a part of the war effort. Let's use the tools we have to build even more, better and stronger communities.

And we should be able to add that stuff with the knowledge of SWG we have today.

Don't saying other opinions are bad, just presenting my vision.
Eruptor

Postby Temploiter » January 31st, 2009, 10:59 pm

I think one day it'd be cool to continue the story arcs they had ones upon time. Remember Cries of Alderaan?
Temploiter
Retired SWG:ANH Staff

Postby Tomcat » February 6th, 2009, 4:42 pm

Eruptor wrote:If I may post my personal opinion, I would like to advance (one of) the original idea with SWG, the civil galactic war. Let it make a difference who "owns" the planet or the town. Let everyone, even the non combat toons, be a part of the war effort. Let's use the tools we have to build even more, better and stronger communities.

And we should be able to add that stuff with the knowledge of SWG we have today.

Don't saying other opinions are bad, just presenting my vision.

got me thinking eruptor, factional bouncers at cantina doors :lol: :)
Tomcat

Postby MerakBashee » February 7th, 2009, 5:07 pm

Show your Imperial/Rebel ID or you can't go in?

On a more serious note. I agree with that thought Eruptor. Hope there's something that can be done about it.
MerakBashee

Postby zaphod » February 24th, 2009, 3:13 pm

i realize first priority is getting the game up and running . but i think getting an input and ideas for future content thread going is a good idea. i also think there should be neutral cantina's in capitol city's , unless a city is faction specific. otherwise leave faction specific cantina"s to guild built city's. how else are we going to get a good bar fight going? :D
zaphod

SWG Official Server: Valcyn

Postby Lubbe » March 12th, 2009, 9:56 am

Welcome Merak :)

Anyway this game really need some refreshments, like new contents. I remember it were loads of people that quited before CU because they had done every themeparks and bored with the jedi grind and just wanted to do something else, like doing some sort of a content.
Lubbe

SWG Official Server: Chimaera

Next

Return to SWG Discussion