What's up?

A forum to ask questions, make suggestions and express concerns with SWG:ANH.

What's up?

Postby BubbaJoe » January 11th, 2016, 1:36 pm

So... I've been checking this project for a few years now. First time I heard of it was around 2010 if I recall correctly. Back in the day, even if developement was more "silent" than SWGEmu's one (because of the lack of a TC to play on/test stuff on), videos and information related to it made it look way more solid than Emu's one.

So I kept checking from time to time (once every year), but I must have missed something really important, because it looks quite dead over here, and I feel like we're losing (or lost) something good.

What happened? What went wrong?

I would really appreciate a detailed answer about it, if you dont mind. Thank you for the hard work and dedication!
BubbaJoe

Re: What's up?

Postby Vlada » January 12th, 2016, 9:51 am

In short, real life happened. It sucks, but that how it goes.

Also, it just looks a bit dead, but it really is not. Maybe a bit dormant, but definitely not dead. There are still things that are in motion under the surface, wheels haven't fully stopped turning, probably never will. Though community does seem to have lost its patience and are all gone to play on numerous play servers that sprung up in the last year or so.

Still some of us are still here, still doing our part. Its not much, but we're not giving up.
Vlada
StarWars Galaxies:A new hope
there is another...
Vlada
SWG:ANH Staff

SWG Official Server: Chimaera

Postby BubbaJoe » January 12th, 2016, 8:36 pm

That sounds terrible. I understand, I was afraid the project was completely dead.

It may be a silly question, but, how far did the project went? How much before they can release a test server or even a play server? Is it really green or does it have a chance to meet the light of day someday?

Thanks for your answer, Vlada!
BubbaJoe

Postby Vlada » January 19th, 2016, 2:24 pm

It will take quite some time, but if current staff keeps at it, it will eventually happen.
Vlada
StarWars Galaxies:A new hope
there is another...
Vlada
SWG:ANH Staff

SWG Official Server: Chimaera

Return to SWG:ANH Discussion