New to emulators full stop. Please advise.

A Forum to talk about anything!

New to emulators full stop. Please advise.

Postby Belwri » October 8th, 2013, 4:47 am

Hey.

So I have a few noob questions I'd appreciate answering.

1)What is the difference between ANH emulator and SWGemu? Are they just two servers? If so, in what way do they differ?

2) Are either of them live? (Its hard to tell from the forum posts cos of old 'post dates') If not, what date are we expecting the server to come up?

3) Have played many MMOGs and me and English mate looking for a home. Any suggestions? Ta
Belwri

SWG Official Server: Chimaera

Re: New to emulators full stop. Please advise.

Postby Viaron » October 9th, 2013, 12:15 pm

Hi there Belwri,

Belwri wrote:1)What is the difference between ANH emulator and SWGemu? Are they just two servers? If so, in what way do they differ?

SWG:ANH and SWGEmu are like Pepsi and Coke. Both are emulating the 14.1 Final publish of Star Wars Galaxies Pre-CU. However, we are different teams of people, separate emulators.

Belwri wrote:2) Are either of them live? (Its hard to tell from the forum posts cos of old 'post dates') If not, what date are we expecting the server to come up?

SWGEmu has 2 live servers, Basilisk and Test Center Nova. SWGEmu is currently in Alpha game development- with live servers- but still making commits and adding features. SWG:ANH is still under development over all and does not currently have any public play servers. We are currently in the process of changing more back-end features and systems.

Belwri wrote:3) Have played many MMOGs and me and English mate looking for a home. Any suggestions? Ta

If I am honest with you, SWGEmu is a better choice for you if you want to play the game right now. SWG:ANH will be releasing a play server eventually™, but not very soon.

Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for some more information. Feel free to reply here if you have anymore questions.
Viaron
Retired Staff
Star Wars Galaxies: A New Hope
There is another...
Viaron
Retired SWG:ANH Staff

SWG Official Server: Farstar

Postby Belwri » October 10th, 2013, 5:09 am

OK, so just to make sure....

Galaxies Reborn = SWGEMU + SWGANH

Or am I mistaken? Is Galaxies Reborn a third, newer emulator that isn't live yet?

Thanks in advance for your patience.
Belwri

SWG Official Server: Chimaera

Postby Viaron » October 10th, 2013, 5:17 pm

Galaxies Reborn is a Pre-CU Community that will host servers, but is not creating an emulator.
Viaron
Retired Staff
Star Wars Galaxies: A New Hope
There is another...
Viaron
Retired SWG:ANH Staff

SWG Official Server: Farstar

Return to General Discussion