Open the Blast Doors! Open the Blast Doors!

A Forum to talk about anything!

Re: Open the Blast Doors! Open the Blast Doors!

Postby Lloydyboy » June 3rd, 2010, 6:20 pm

We will not be significantly changing how or what is used to grab the source.

The fact the source is available now is a side effect of the team getting ourselves used to running on the new systems before going to the community. We aren't officially open source until then, but there isn't anything preventing you from having a crack at it now.

If you do have a go now, you will find that the documentation is slightly lacking...as we are in the process of sorting it, and we have no official lines of communication for community developers like irc etc. You will have to wait while we get those in place. In the meanwhile these forums are frequented by devs.

As for the timing...we have been planning this for a while. We had internal meetings back in March about what we feel needed doing before we went open source...and a time frame of 3 months...this is the culmination of that milestone. If anything, we are ahead of where we planned to be for open source release.
Euro-Chimaera Pre & Post-CU
Lloyd Pickering - Jedi (Post 9 Village)
Zoxara BE, 12pt Chef, 14pt Artisan, Manager of EMP Mall, Commerce City
Lloydyboy
Retired SWG:ANH Staff

SWG Official Server: Chimaera

Postby loftkilla » June 3rd, 2010, 8:21 pm

awesome....I just was discussing how the best practices developed here seemed to lend to an open development platform...im excited to get into it..
loftkilla

SWG Official Server: Bria

Postby badboy » June 4th, 2010, 4:24 am

Now for the final push.
badboy

SWG Official Server: Chimaera

Postby apathy » June 4th, 2010, 9:05 am

Badboy, I love your sig. I want my AT-ST back too... both of them... and without the commando nerf!
~ May the Source be with you ~
apathy
Retired SWG:ANH Staff

SWG Official Server: Naritus

Postby Sukumei » June 7th, 2010, 2:15 am

Since Powerking has been keeping up with the Galaxies Reborn updates, I felt compelled to come over here and offer you guys congratulations on making a move which will invariably contribute to recreating the PRE-CU experience.

I hope GR will open up a test centre as well and I hope you guys talk to Broken about it and edge him along!

PS: I'm not a representative of Galaxies Reborn or any of its affiliates. I also support SWGANH in that you guys are keeping up your game compared to SWGEMU.
Sukumei

Postby Narook » July 8th, 2010, 10:13 am

Open source, heh, never thought i'd see that day. Almost fainted when i seen it. I hope eveything is going well for the team, both in and out of development. I do miss you folks, yes, even you snow. Good luck with everything and take care.

Blue Ghost of Narook.
Narook

Postby Sostrata » July 9th, 2010, 6:04 pm

Narook! Nice to hear from you! Hope you are well.

Come by and see us sometime. :D
STAFF - Coming out of retirement :)
Sostrata
SWG:ANH Staff

SWG Official Server: Intrepid

Postby Narook » July 12th, 2010, 2:17 am

Sostrata wrote:Narook! Nice to hear from you! Hope you are well.

Come by and see us sometime. :D

Well enough on my end. As for stopping by, that is no longer possible, has not been for sometime now.
Narook

Postby Forze » July 4th, 2011, 4:40 pm

I think some form of carrot on a stick is needed in the form of an honest (rough) projected release date (pending things move at the current rate)

I mean no offence...any honest thoughts on this?
Forze

SWG Official Server: Farstar

Postby Obi-Two » July 5th, 2011, 10:38 am

Forze wrote:I think some form of carrot on a stick is needed in the form of an honest (rough) projected release date (pending things move at the current rate)

I mean no offence...any honest thoughts on this?

I agree with you that putting a definite release date on projects can help push then along and add a sense of urgency to them, with a project like this it would be hard to keep a realistic goal, as all the development is being done in peoples spare time, with real life occasionally getting in the way. it would be easy for us to say ANY will be out spring 2012, but keeping that promis would not be easy and one thing we'd hate to do with give you a promis we couldn't keep to.

once the revamping of the core is complete I'm sure the devs will have a better idea on what time scale things can be dine in.

hang tight though and keep the faith, things are moving forwards :D
Obi-Two

Quality Assurance
Star Wars Galaxies:A new hope
there is another...

Server by : Hostwind
Project : SWGANHServices
Obi-Two
SWG:ANH Staff

SWG Official Server: Ahazi

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion