Current status of swganh

General development discussion forum

Re: Current status of swganh

Postby Vlada » May 6th, 2015, 5:46 am

H3C4T3 wrote:your git directory * https://github.com/swganh/mmoserver * have a lot off missing file and are not complete for build a server, exemple the bacth file are totally obsolete, your doc file * http://www.swganh.com/anh_docs/ * is also obsolete too, you need to put your documents up to date,and the work will not be lost for all.

No offence but, many files have been deleted by a old member of your team before her leave,a lot of script have disappeared, * I know the reason that make the project was abandoned still has rivalry developer drama * so swganh a new hope is now a bad dream, and Obi is now alone...and dont ask me for swgemu this shit team is only a waste of time and I think of all the financial donation by the player that we made all for nothing.

so for now i work in my own nge project based in C++ java py and perl.

That's the scary part, because if they were deleted by former staff members, they might not exist anymore, online anyway. So it may not be possible to get git up to date. I hope I'm wrong though.

I also want to thank you for your kind words. I wish you as much luck with your SWG project as SWGEmu had over the passed decade.
Vlada
StarWars Galaxies:A new hope
there is another...
Vlada
SWG:ANH Staff

SWG Official Server: Chimaera

Postby Obi-Two » May 6th, 2015, 4:46 pm

Vlada wrote:
H3C4T3 wrote:your git directory * https://github.com/swganh/mmoserver * have a lot off missing file and are not complete for build a server, exemple the bacth file are totally obsolete, your doc file * http://www.swganh.com/anh_docs/ * is also obsolete too, you need to put your documents up to date,and the work will not be lost for all.

No offence but, many files have been deleted by a old member of your team before her leave,a lot of script have disappeared, * I know the reason that make the project was abandoned still has rivalry developer drama * so swganh a new hope is now a bad dream, and Obi is now alone...and dont ask me for swgemu this shit team is only a waste of time and I think of all the financial donation by the player that we made all for nothing.

so for now i work in my own nge project based in C++ java py and perl.

That's the scary part, because if they were deleted by former staff members, they might not exist anymore, online anyway. So it may not be possible to get git up to date. I hope I'm wrong though.

I also want to thank you for your kind words. I wish you as much luck with your SWG project as SWGEmu had over the passed decade.

I'm not 100% on it but wouldn't github retain a copy of all documents.

I know the mmoserver isn't in a buildable state at the moment but this is down to Sch leaving while still moving some technologys from the anhstudios project. its frankly a right old mess.

keep the faith though things will happen soon as I figure out the cppconnnector for mysql on ubuntu:)
Obi-Two

Forum Administrator
Star Wars Galaxies::A new hope
there is another...

SWH::ANH Projects :: SWGANHServices
Discord Server :: Discord/SWGANH
Obi-Two

SWG Official Server: Ahazi

Postby Vlada » May 6th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Obi-Two wrote:I'm not 100% on it but wouldn't github retain a copy of all documents.

I know the mmoserver isn't in a buildable state at the moment but this is down to Sch leaving while still moving some technologys from the anhstudios project. its frankly a right old mess.

keep the faith though things will happen soon as I figure out the cppconnnector for mysql on ubuntu:)

No idea tbh. But if some things were never even moved... Then shit. Would you even know where to look for them?
Vlada
StarWars Galaxies:A new hope
there is another...
Vlada

Postby Obi-Two » May 7th, 2015, 12:56 am

Vlada wrote:No idea tbh. But if some things were never even moved... Then shit. Would you even know where to look for them?

not personally no. looking at both projects it looks like sch was trying to change the build process, to the way anhstudios worked where by the project/solutions files where senerated by cmake. sadlt she never updated teh documantation + she didn;t finish what she started or leave the master git in a buildable state :( I shish she'd come back for a while and help us sort this out :)

anhstudios server builds but theres nothing works :(
Obi-Two

Forum Administrator
there is another...

Obi-Two

Postby H3C4T3 » May 8th, 2015, 5:36 am

i look to find the dependency file for the sanbox but is not on git,it's a monster mess.
For now i have 7 gb with all the treefile , the beta, pre cu, pre cu jtl , Cu, Cu Two , Nge ,iam lucky i have found the server toc file ;)
H3C4T3

Postby Obi-Two » May 8th, 2015, 6:46 am

Arrh the dependencies where never in the git, the build server bat was meant to download the 3rd party libs and build them for you,

I'm not sure why the build server bat isn't working right now but if you want to down load and build them manually I can get you a list of what's needed.

Obi
Obi-Two

Forum Administrator
there is another...

Obi-Two

Postby H3C4T3 » May 8th, 2015, 8:08 am

Code: Select all
set DEPENDENCIES_URL=http://github.com/downloads/swganh/sandbox/%DEPENDENCIES_FILE%

the link is empty, and causing a lot of error when you build the project,the .gitignore file make some trouble and prohibits a major file, can you keep one eyes on it ;)
http://paste.swganh.org/viewp.php?id=20150508093547-2cfd2ad8db40ec3a98ab6cf1113c3a9c

if you have the file I'm interested.
H3C4T3

Postby Obi-Two » May 8th, 2015, 12:04 pm

H3C4T3 wrote:
set DEPENDENCIES_URL=http://github.com/downloads/swganh/sandbox/%DEPENDENCIES_FILE%

can't say I'm know where that line of code is :D are you building the mmoserver project or teh anhstudios one??
Obi-Two

Forum Administrator
there is another...

Obi-Two

Postby H3C4T3 » May 8th, 2015, 1:35 pm

yes but neither of the two have a succes build, i try to test the sandox for now i keep one eyes on it and the code is solid and probably the most stable and fast
H3C4T3

Postby Obi-Two » May 9th, 2015, 8:18 am

H3C4T3 wrote:yes but neither of the two have a succes build, i try to test the sandox for now i keep one eyes on it and the code is solid and probably the most stable and fast

I'll be honest I didnt know we has a sand box
Obi-Two

Forum Administrator
there is another...

Obi-Two

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion